Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Day in Status Updates

Shaun was telling me tonight that he noticed I still get a fair number of hits on the old blog here, so for my faithful followers, I thought I'd oblige with an entry.  

Does anyone else have the problem that throughout the day they think in potential status updates?  Usually though by the time I have time to write them down I have decided they are too long to put on facebook, and who wants to be the lame person with long status updates seven times a day?  I admit it, I am in the category of "lurker" usually,  (click here to see what I mean) but I have become more and more involved in facebook since being in Brazil, almost to the point of obsession.  Okay, you are now officially allowed to call me a geek the next time you see me.  

Anyways, here is the "newsfeed" of the day in the life of Brenda....the funny thing is I actually did TWO status updates today....oh wait that was yesterday and today, but today I did share an article.  I think I am officially blossoming out of being called a lurker.  Another site I saw would now consider my official facebook personality "the Late Bloomer."

This could be my current status update:   

A few seconds ago - Time for bed!!!

34 minutes ago - Please put this on your status if you know someone or are related to someone who suffers from stupidity. People need to understand that stupidity is VERY real & should be taken seriously. You could be sitting next to a sufferer right now. There is still no known cure for stupidity and sympathy does not help, neither does awareness. 93% won't copy and paste this because they don't know how to copy and paste. 

(In all honesty this is in response to those feelings of guilt that I feel like I shouldn't have to feel for being the "97%" or so of people that don't repost in response to everything from having a great sister, having someone who has passed away, knowing someone with some chronic illness or disability, being a nurse or knowing a nurse that has been puked on, etc. etc.)  

37 minutes ago - so when I look at my house at the end of the day and wonder how I was busy all day doing apparently nothing...I can re-read this and know I did something. Even if that something isn't evident for another 15-20 years. 



2 hours ago - is wondering if my kids will ever fall asleep so I can enjoy my glass of wine in peace.

about 5 hours ago - Supper time...oh wait, let's make popcorn instead and watch a movie with our kids...yes we are GREAT parents.  At least our kids think so.

7 hours ago - "Seth, do you realize that your snake is somewhere lost in the house?"  "Don't worry about it mom, Uncle Aaron can find me a new one."

9 hours ago - Going to church to celebrate our Pastor's 40th birthday!  Happy Birthday!

11 hours ago - I wonder what I can find to buy on craigslist today...I am only technically allowed to look for summer clothing for size 3-4 girls and size 6-7 boys.  Maybe I need to sort through my bins of old kids clothing first (insert this status every day for the last month or so).

12 hours ago - Thanks for making me breakfast Shaun....I have the best husband in the world...bacon, eggs and toast...wait, is he trying to kill me with cholesterol?

13 hourse ago - Ok fine, I'll get up...you watched TV and ate froot loops long enough.

14 hours ago - Here, let me get you some froot loops and see what movie you can watch.

16 hours ago - I believe I am sleeping despite the fact that I am feeding Lyla, changing her diaper, and putting her back to bed.

18 hours ago - Okay, come cuddle with us in bed.

20 hours ago - No, this is mommy and daddy's bed, you have your own bed.

21 hours ago - Time to go to bed...Why do we always go to bed SO LATE!!!!  We are going to start going to bed at 10:00 EVERY night (another status we can put insert every day, but this one probably for the last five years).

22 hours ago - One more glass.

23 hours ago - Lets just lurk around facebook one more time.

24 hours ago -  Time to go to bed!


Have a great sleep everyone, and a great Sunday tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHA funny Brenda! And the snake we heard about at church this morning. Did you ever find it?

    ReplyDelete