Thursday, May 27, 2010

Google, Translate

The name of the blog means "Until we meet again." At least according to translate.google.com. I am not actually sure if that is how someone in Brazil would say it. I just thought I'd tell everyone in case they got the wrong idea of how much portuguese we actually know. Which is not much. In fact, the blog could be called "aprendi algumas palavras com a ajuda do meu guia de conversacao" or "nao sei quase nada!" but I thought that would be a bit longwinded. I have a feeling I'll be saying "Google, translate" a lot in the next few months!

1 comment:

  1. things we've used Google Translate for:
    medication instructions
    ant killer
    mosquito repellant plug-in
    our cell phone menu

    and we are constantly looking up things in our portuguese/english dictionary

    ReplyDelete