Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shaun's Report

Shaun left for Brazil yesterday at 4 in the morning.  It's the first time I've actually been alone since we've been married.  Once I went for a week to Smithers (when we had Seth and Hazel), but that was with my mom and dad, so I wasn't really by myself.  And another time when we just had Seth, Shaun went to Ontario for 4 days, but I think I stayed with my mom and dad then too, because I worked all 4 evenings so I needed to put him to bed somewhere.  So here I am, by myself.  I haven't had any major breakdowns yet, but we're only on day 2 here.  And I kept thinking it was only 10 days, but Seth and I marked it off on the calendar and it's actually on the ELEVENTH day he comes home.

Anyways, I just talked to him on skype and tried to convince him to write an update on here, but he said he only had one cool thing to report, and I could do it.  Randy and him went for a walk in the back of the ATC, and they saw TWO SLOTHS in the trees.  Unfortunately, they only had a camera phone with them.  When I get a copy of it, I will attach it to this post, unless it's such a horribly blurry picture that you can't even make out the sloths on it.

Anyways, they stopped by the ATC (where one of the missionary's families live and where the church has many training days and combined services), and then drove right on down to Sao Jose, where they are staying in a beautiful pousada.  It is spring in Brazil, so it looks like highs of low thirties, but they had rain all day today.  The rest of the week looks promising.

So there you have it, an update on Shaun.  I have another photo I want to put up on here too, so you may get two posts in one day!


Talk to you soon,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment