Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Battery Is Running Low

Shaun and I finally have unlimited internet access and now my laptop's battery is almost dead :(  We are staying at a nice hotel on the outskirts of Amsterdam and it is beautiful.  However it doesn't serve breakfast, which irked me.  But we had many pieces of luggage and a car seat and we were on the train, so we found a hotel close to the train station.  It happens to be brand new and glorious, and we are here for two nights.  Another reason we picked it was because it has a direct train line to Amsterdam Centraal and Amsterdam Schiphol (the airport).  So tomorrow I have wonderful plans to go into Amsterdam and tour all day, but I am feeling a little guilty.  Lyla has been so patient with us dragging her everywhere but I feel like I see it in her eyes, "Why are you taking me out when all I want is a good nap?"  Anyways, just two more days, and I think this may be the last time for a long time that I get to see Amsterdam, so just hold on Lyla!  Most nights she has been up for a couple hours, but now we have moved the couple hours into the late evening the last 2 days, so now she is just going to bed the same time as us.  So it took her a week to adjust, and now when we go home it will be hopefully quicker, as her bedtime here works out to, oh, 3 in the afternoon.  And then her wake up time works out to 1 in the morning.  Ah well, what's another week of no sleep for a mama?!  

Anyways I'm off to sleep now, and then tomorrow I hope to go on a bike tour of Amsterdam.  And then from there, we see how tired we are I guess!  Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment