Saturday, September 4, 2010

Churrascaria

The week before we left Brazil, we did a couple of neat things, so I'm going to publish a few more pictures about our time there, before updating you on this past month since we've been home.  The day before Mom and Dad Raap left, we went with the missionaries and their wives out for supper at a Churrascaria.  This is a spectacular restaurant where waiters walk around with skewers of every type of meat imaginable, stopping at each person's plate to ask if they want a sliver of whatever they have.  This includes bacon-wrapped chicken, steak, lamb, chicken hearts, turkey, goat, pork, different livers, just about any type of meat you can imagine.  There is also a salad bar on the side to make you feel like you are making healthy choices.  I filled my plate up with salad and then gave up eating it when the meat started coming by.  I mean really, what is the better deal, right?  My dutchness told me I could get plant leaves to eat anytime.  So we ate a lot of meat...kind of an understatement...but it was YUMMY!


The seriousness of getting the perfect cut of meat

Coffee is always espresso-type served in little mini cups.  That feminine hand on the left is Julius.



No comments:

Post a Comment