Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Business Update

Remember last post?  How it should be simple to open up a bank account if we give our Brazilian administrator our power of attorney to do so?  Apparently the bank that has this list up on their website does not like their own requirements, and have said it won't work.  So this morning we sign over our power of attorney (Shaun, Hermes and I) to our lawyers, and drive down to Maceio to sign some more paperwork, and then it SHOULD happen in about two to three weeks.

So in order to enjoy the last three weeks here, as there is nothing else we really can do....

We are hoping to go to this natural habitat manatee project close by, which should be pretty cool.  And maybe take a couple day trips to some other beaches. And hopefully spend a couple days with the mission families in Recife.

In the interim, while we wait, Shaun has taken on a project to organize the books for all the different ministries and projects that get funneled from Canada through one organization here.  Apparently it is a bit messy, and often trying to sort out where money has gone and where it is supposed to go has been a bit of a time-consuming struggle for the missionaries and mission aid worker.  So Shaun is already putting some of his talents to good use here, even as we wait :)

And (my) favorite thing, I hired someone twice a week to help with cleaning.  You have no idea how exciting this is.  And you may be skeptical of this, but to keep the house and the kids and our clothes clean is a lot more work than Canada.  We have many many conveniences there we take for granted.  Plus I am doing school with Seth for around 2 hours a day.  Honestly, I think I could do it, but I am not exactly the most dedicated housekeeper at the best of times, so everything piles up and stresses me out, and I'd rather hang out with my kids.  So I figure it's a small price to pay for 3 weeks of enjoyment.  Now I'll only have to clean my bathrooms once a week, because she can do it twice.

So, tata for now!  I will update as I know things.  Have a wonderful Tuesday :)

1 comment: