Monday, April 9, 2012

Check out this Blog :)

If you remember, a while back we got a super-cute dress in the mail for Lyla's birthday, from my talented sister-in-law Tania.  Well, I thought I would take a couple of pictures to do the dress justice, as the lighting and subject (Lyla) did not cooperate to show the true craftmanship that Tania put into the dress.  And while I was taking pictures of that, I realized how many things we had brought along that were made by Tania!  So I got all picture happy and thought I'd show off her work and link to her craft blog.

In case you can't tell by looking at pictures in the blog, Lyla is a very tall and sturdy two-year-old.  I think because of this, Tania and I both assumed she would fit a larger pattern.  The ties over the shoulders are a bit too broad to stay on her properly, so in this picture I tied it halter style around her neck, which looked great.

Here the dress is, tied "normal."  I also tried criss-crossing it in the back, which worked well.


I thought I would try it on Hazel too, and you can see the straps are a good fit for her.  To me, she looks so old here! 


And now for some more of the goodies that Tania has created for our family:


The last few years, Tania has found a crafty project to make the kids for their birthdays.  This is a pencil crayon roll-up case that Hazel got for her fourth birthday with a colouring book.  It is honestly one of the best inventions ever: it keeps the drawing supplies neat, and little kids can see all the colours without dumping the box of crayons out.



Here is the baby blanket that Tania made Hazel. when she was born.  Lyla's using it these days.  I believe this is called a rag quilt?  So cute, and  that backing material that you can see at the top of the picture: didn't every little girl have a nightgown in that material when they were younger?


Tania also made book bags one year for all the school-aged children.  The one with the bikes on it is Seth's.  And one day, after my diaper bag somehow became fermented with spilt applesauce, I randomly asked Tania if she could make me something like a book bag for a few diapers and wipes.  She had the other bag ready for me by the next day.

Okay and now for her blog link: http://maddisworldcrafts.blogspot.com

Enjoy browsing when you get a chance :)  
And thanks Tania, for all the time you spend making cool things for our family!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! What sweet comments. Wow I sure did make you lots. I love the fit on Hazel way better. I wonder if you bring it back if I could just add length to it to fit hazel better then Lyla can wear it when she is a bit older. Up to you but I don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete