Monday, April 30, 2012

A Prince in Disguise

I walked outside the house yesterday morning, and observed Seth throwing what I thought was rocks out of our neighbour's yard.  When I took a look, it was three huge toads....  So we have spent the last 2 months preaching and teaching Seth about the danger of Cane Toads to no avail.  His reasoning is that they are making the water that our neighbour's dog drinks dirty, and the dog is getting sick from this.  Well, at least it gave me a photo op, as they are usually out at night and I haven't gotten a good pic yet.  This was probably the biggest toad I've seen, however, it may be hard to tell from the picture.  Isn't he handsome?



3 comments:

  1. Ah...the cane toad! We have a dried stuffed one from Costa Rica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as in, for decoration? or this is some weird delicacy... :)

    I read about how the cane toads were introduced to Costa Rica in an attempt to control some pest in the sugar cane, and they are now out of control. They also did that in Australia, where it is a huge problem. Not very many natural predators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decoration and conversation piece, of course!

    ReplyDelete