Monday, June 7, 2010

School for Seth

I had talked to Thacianne about asking her father about Seth coming for a class or two a week...such as gym. This morning Shaun had made plans to go to Escola Biblica Cristo (EBC) to check things out. Moizes was going to pick him up at 8. As it turned out, we were all up and Moizes asked if Seth wanted to come. Seth was gung-ho and said "I need to be a big boy and try my best not to cry while I'm there!" I wasn't sure how he'd do but off he went, happy as can be. I was going to come after Lyla woke up and pick them all up again. Well I didn't end up getting there until 11. And there he was sitting in the classroom, hard at work on some paper. Shaun said he had been in class from 8-11, no problems. And no one, not even the teacher, spoke English. I'm a little sad that I forgot to send the camera with Shaun, but I got a few pics of Seth working hard. Shaun said that Seth had gone up to the teacher and was asking her questions in English and she was answering in Portuguese. So cute. The kids were just about to be let out for the day. The younger grades go from 7-11 every morning. I'm not sure how often we would send Seth, but he really enjoyed himself. He could even go on the bus as it is parked right outside our house and the busdriver is actually Sandro, so someone he knows! On the way home though, I asked him if he had found out anyone's name. Seth said that the kids kept asking him his name, so I asked him what he told them. He replied, "Nothing, because you said not to talk to strangers!"

4 comments:

  1. that is priceless! at least you know he is listening to you :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to talk to strangers. That is too cute! Out of the mouths of babes...love it! Thanks for the continual updates. Hugs and kisses from Dad & Mom R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh How I love that little man:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally had tears in my eyes when I was reading how Seth had to try to be a big boy. So cute...and such a typical Seth thing to say. I miss him a lot! Give him such a big squeeze for me, okay?

    ReplyDelete