Thursday, July 8, 2010

Big News!

As of last night we have a beautiful new neice named Emily Jeanette. Maybe we were one of the first to know Leanne was in labour because Bryan skyped me a picture of Leanne at the hospital when they arrived....and she looked great :) Our internet was only out of commision for two hours (when I wrote my last post...which is probably why it was so long-winded), so I was so thankful when it went back on and I kind of had an idea what was happening. I set my computer so it wouldn't turn off in the night and they could try get a hold of us anytime. So we heard the music of skype in the middle of our night when Emily arrived, but our skype connection sucked so we heard Leanne talking very briefly and the communication we ended up getting was a short typed description with her name and weight. It was disappointing to only get that, but we are thankful we heard it from them. And of course the most important thing was to know that Leanne and Emily were doing well. Our connection has been very poor all day so we haven't been able to really talk to them again. And it just started pouring again so I assume it won't get better. Hopefully tomorrow I can actually chat with Leanne, maybe if she is going home. And if you are reading this and going to visit Leanne, Bryan and Emily, please give them all an extra hug and kiss from us here in Brazil!

No comments:

Post a Comment