Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cortes de Cabelos

Shaun's handiwork...


My handiwork...a little shorter than I had planned. And honestly it looks better in real life...I think.


And I didn't cut her hair, but couldn't leave her out...ain't she a beauty?


And a small but funny story to end the post...nothing about haircuts. Shaun and I were invited to a young people's function right across the street from the soccer field. At least we thought we were. Shaun was tired and someone had to stay home to be with the kids so I headed out with a bottle of wine to say hi. I got to the house and was met by seven young men. They were very hospitable and invited me in, asking if I had ever had babo (or something like that), a stew-like dish with shrimp and yucca root. So I thought I would stay and taste it and then run away from the slightly awkward situation. It ended up taking at least 45 minutes longer and by then we were chatting. Many of the young people here study English in college so they wanted to speak English to me. I don't know if I'll ever be sure if it was Shaun they invited or the both of us, but I ended up being walked home by 4 of them and laughing myself to sleep everytime I thought of about whether they actually expected me.

And surprisingly, it was a good time. There are some very nice young men in the churches here, and a number of them have joined after attending Escola Biblica Cristão, the school that Mission Aid helps support here and that is run by the churches here. It is amazing how some of them are the only ones in their family that attend church, and also how a few of them have family members that began to go to church because of them. God works in many different ways, and I have heard a few times how Escola Biblica has played a big part in evangelism here. As a matter of fact, Edjackson began to go to church before Bel because of attending the school!

Anyways I want the young men to know, if they read this post, that they were hospitable and friendly, and the reason I don't know whether they expected me because they never once acted surprised or like it was out of the ordinary. They probably thought I was weird because I couldn't stop smiling about how funny it was. But then again, I think many things are funny.
Have a good Sunday everyone!
Love Brenda

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the haircuts Shaun & Bren! And cute pics of everyone!!
    Very funny story Bren lol had to laugh...I can see you laughing about it to yourself :)

    ReplyDelete